If you are throwing an Easter party than try out this recipe for Easter biscuits. The kids will love to help make them and eat them.
225g caster sugar,
2 free-range egg, separated
555g plain flour, sieved
good pinch mixed spice
60g candied peel
6 tbsp milk
1. Set your oven to160C/325F/Gas 3.
2. Line a couple of baking tray with greaseproof paper.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the egg yolk until well combined. (kids love this part)
5. Fold the flour into the mixture. (some younger children may find the mixture a bit stiff to help with this part)
6. Stir in the mixed spice, currants and candied peel. Stir in enough milk to form a stiff dough.
7. Roll the dough out onto a floured surface and cut out the biscuits with cutters. You could do the standard biscuit shape or maybe make a bunny or egg shape. Place the cut out dough onto the baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.
8. Carefully remove the biscuits from the oven and brush with the remaining egg white, sprinkle with sugar and return to the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until pale golden-brown.
9. Remove the biscuits from the tray and set aside to cool on a wire rack.
If you don’t fancy making your own than you can buy Highgrove Organic Spiced Easter Biscuits